Run often! Run far!
Run short! Run fast!
Run slow! But never run away from the joy of running.
Emelie Forsberg is know as ultra runner, mountain runner, ski runner and girlfriend of Killian Jornet one of the most successful and even more popular mountain ultra runner, who was breaking quite some records in fastest ascent and descent of some of the world biggest mountains. She is a Salomon athlete and she wrote a book about her approach to well basically to life and not only running. She included some approaches to gardening, yoga, balance,…
Here are some training she does:
By hardness –
- 10 x 2 minutes with 1 minute rest (close to lactate threshold)
- 6 x 4 minutes with 1 minute rest
- 3 x 10 minutes with 2 minutes rest
and for explosiveness –
- 10 x 30 seconds with 30 second rest, 3 blocks with 2 minute rest between blocks
- 2 x 20 minutes uphill with slow descent and then 20 minutes on flat
- 15 minutes steep uphill, 10 minutes flat, 20 minutes slightly uphill, 10 minutes flat – everything on competition pace.